TDR Tutorial and Riser Bond TDR Product Review
Why do you need a Time Domain Reflectometer?
TDRs are used in all phases of a cabling system's life, from
construction to maintenance to fault finding and restoration.
The TDR can be used to:
- Locate anomalies caused by wiretaps or bugging devices
- Locate bad splices
- Locate unknown splices
- Find in-line components
- Locate water or moisture in the cable
- Aid in measuring and verifying new or partial cable reels
- Locate crushed, pinched or kinked cables
- Locate opens and shorts in the cable
- Locate bullet holes or damage in the cable
- Measure dBRL (decibels of return loss) of the fault
- Locate problems caused by construction companies
- Use to document the integrity of your cabling
- Use to document or map cable networks
- Locate problems causing excessive loss of either AC or RF
- Document cable installations prior to acceptance from the contractor
- ...and a variety of other cabling problems.
Operation and Usage Techniques
Principles of Operation
CATV - Cable Television Applications
Telephone Industry Applications
Broadcast Industry Applications
2-Way Radio Applications
Power Industry Applications
LAN/WAN - Local/Wide Area Networks Applications
Datasheet - 1270 Dual Twisted Pair and Coax TDR
Datasheet - 1205T Dual Twisted Pair TDR
Datasheet - 1205C Coax TDR
Datasheet - 2901 Basic Numeric TDR
Operators Manual - 1205T (pending)
Riser-Bond Instruments is a manufacturer of electronic cable test
equipment, specializing in Metallic Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR),
Cable Fault Locators. The company is located in Lincoln, Nebraska USA.
Founded in 1981, the company does business internationally and is
recognized as an industry leader.
Riser-Bond Instruments was founded on, and is committed to the principle
that the customer should receive the best value for the money. The
product should be of the highest quality possible, easy to operate, and
supply the user with a high level of measurement capability.
Riser-Bond Instruments' TDRs are "Accurate to a fault" and
"Engineered for the test of time"
- Accuracy: They are the most accurate on
the market, capable of pinpointing and identifying cable faults to within
+/- .01% of reading.
- Simplicity: They contain unique and
exclusive features, providing both automatic and manual operation,
without time-consuming menus. Simplified operation and superior test
performance assure successful results by first level technicians as well
as higher level engineers.
- Durability: They are designed for many
applications and will provide years of dependable service. Rugged and
weather-resistant packaging assures ready-when-you-are operation under
all kinds of environmental conditions.
- Reliability: They are designed and
manufactured in the U.S. under strict standards for both material and
workmanship, resulting in high quality test instruments backed by the
best warranty in the business.
- Affordability: They are cost effective.
From the digital handheld instruments to the high performance waveform
models, Riser-Bond provides high quality instrumentation at reasonable
- Service: They have an excellent reputation
in the marketplace. A fifteen month product warranty and a highly trained
sales and service staff guarantee you of quality service and support. An
exclusive time-to-repair guarantee helps keep downtime to a minimum.
| TDR Principles of Operation
| Usage Techniques
| Waveform Analysis
| 2-Way Radio
| Dual Twisted Pair and Coax TDR
| Dual Twisted Pair TDR
| Coax TDR
| Basic Numeric TDR
| What is TSCM
| Types of Bugs
| Warning Signs You're Bugged
| How To Behave if Bugged
| TSCM Threat Levels
| How To Engage a TSCM Firm
| TSCM Protocol
| Bug Frequencies
| Phone Taps and Bugging
| Signal Analysis
| TDR Analysis
| TDR Tutorial
| Riser Bond
| Search Rcvrs
| Outside Links
| Recommended TSCM Books
| TSCM Reference Library
| Recommended U.S. TSCM Firms
| TSCM-L Mailing List
To be contacted for a confidential consultation |
or send a letter via US Mail to:
James M. Atkinson
Granite Island Group
127 Eastern Avenue #291
Gloucester, MA 01931-8008
Telephone: (978) 381-9111
Copyright ©2002, Granite Island Group